Sign in to follow this  
General

Power On/off Remote

I was in the market for one of these things. mainly because i dont have anywhere to stick an on/off button on my case. So i was thinking i can just turn it on via remote.

ha ha, I am not sure how good that would be considering that you are kind of at your computer when you need to turn it on... no need for any remotness. But, i guess if you dont... have... anywhere... to put a switch... :blink: then its a pretty good option.

Add a remote controlled optical drive w/ 5 disk changer and you're set!

Friend of mine did that with his Xbox. He used a wireless doorbell, dont know the specifics for hooking it up though.

well that remote control is kinda hefty. maybe ill do that one touch thing.

thanks for the great links :)

Well this certainly is a different type of mod, its kinda like having a remote for the CD player in your honda civic...even though you can MORE than reach it and you ahve to to put CDs in anyway you still paid $20 extra to move up to the modle with a remote.

Ok so the CD player in my truck has one but if you know how a '94 silverado's setup inside then u know y lol.

Oh well at least youll be the only person on the block to have one :)

Well this certainly is a different type of mod, its kinda like having a remote for the CD player in your honda civic...even though you can MORE than reach it and you ahve to to put CDs in anyway you still paid $20 extra to move up to the modle with a remote.

Ok so the CD player in my truck has one but if you know how a '94 silverado's setup inside then u know y lol.

Oh well at least youll be the only person on the block to have one :)

well i think that the remote is more meant if some one is in the backseat and wants to change the track/volume/station. and they dont bug the driver and they crash or something its more of a saftey feature

my chaintech 9cjs intel 875p board came with a remote that turns the pc on and off remotly

i dont use it just for the simple fact my case had a door over the 51/2 bays blocking the sensor but i am going to use it when i upgrade to a coolmaster stacker case