Replacement Mobo

I want to replace the OEM mobo out of my HP. the mobo in it from them is custom made and they removed all features that would alow OCing.

this is the board in it OEM Motherboard

this is the board Im thinking about replacing it with.

GIGABYTE "7VM400M-RZ"

this board has to be able to directly replace the board in it now and evey thing work.what do you all think?

do not get a via chipset board!!!! get an n force 2 ultra 400 chip set mb it will oc a whole lot better. dfi makes one of the best. it is the dfi infinity n force 2 ultra 400.go to www.dfi.com look under the infinity series.

Well based on that then i say get a new case AND motherboard and transfer the parts over (microATX PSU is smaller so it wont fit but COULD be used) THen u have a full featured full size board and a new case too. I was thinking about doing the same thing for my HP atone time then realized there was really no point when i could pay about the same and get a new case and a better motherboard.

Get urself a new case. I started out with a Dell 4550. Bought a chieftec Case (55 bucks) swaped everything over (mounting the stock Mobo can be tricky sometimes) and slowly but surely all the dell crap is goining in the trash. The only thing thats left of dells in my comp is the CPU (no need to change it), Memory (changing that real soon) and the HD (it's ok for now). Everything else has been replaced. Trying to activate windows can also be a pain because you have to call Microsoft to get it to work and also some of the OEM software will not work. Like my PowerDVD, and all my Dell Drivers for the other parts (just get em off the net).

okay, first off that IS a micro ATX mobo. I swap mobo's into HP cases 4-5 times a week. the psu is enough to work. you'll need some seperate headers for the front pannel connectors, a little bit of electrical tape, some patience and time.. I also find it much easier when you have godsmack or something along those lines playing... cuz you'll get frustrated FAST the first few times you do something like this.

second did anyone notice the mobo is an A7N series board... yet it has a VIA chipset (usually designated A7V)?

do not get a via chipset board!!!! get an n force 2 ultra 400 chip set mb it will oc a whole lot better

Sure. Overclocking on a power supply that ranges from 90w to 220w? Sorry, that is not going to cut it.