3.2 Prescott @ 3.75 On Air

Archades

just up the voltage a real little at a time till its stable then oc some more and up voltage as needed.pretty much aslong as u have good enouph cooling u can bring the volts up as much as u want but it will lower the life of your chip.

nice oc by the way.

im not an intel guy but i would say 1.8?even that might lower your chips life span. whats the stock voltage on the prescott core? like i said im not an intel guy so i really cant sya for shure.

I am not sure on the Prescotts, I know they run at a lower voltage than the Northwoods, I hear people say over 1.7 on Northwoods will shorten the life or kill it, I think most people try to keep the northwoods under 1.7, this is the 3.2EE with a 226 watt peltier with water cooling it, the vcore setting was on 1.625 but it reads a lot higher, with the asus board you have to do a drop mod to get the voltages stable. I just ran this one up for a few minutes to see what it would do. I use it for folding 2 versions @ 3.65ghz on water cooling only since the peltier fried. Its been running 24/7 since Christmas Holidays 2003 along with all my other machines. The only break they get is if the my server goes down or I loose electricity which has happened a couple of times each. I see Nuclear has posted, hes the Intel man, if anyone knows its him, I would take his advice seriously

:foldon:

Edited by road-runner