What Suv Should My Dad Get

Ziggy54354

The lease for our mountaineer is almost up so my dad plans on buying a new suv. Im not really a huge fan of suvs so i dont know whats good and whats not. Anywho. We need something with room for 7 seating, AWD, and good power.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first off...how much do you want to spend? cause we could go from a porsche....to a kia :rolleyes:

but i do like the 4runner, but it doesn't have 7 seats. (i don't think so)

the new(er) ford explorers are pretty nice, and if you want something bigger you can go with an expedition.

we need an suv because my dad owns a resturant so we need to haul lots of food. We also take occasional trips with lots of people. We COULD get a van... but comon now... I think my parents mentioned the aviator. Pretty expensive car with poor mpg imo. Meh..

my cousin who lives like 3 houses away owns a 4runner so thatd be kinda weird

Any large SUV is going to have bad fuel economy. If that is the issue go for a diesel powered SUV. The Excursion with a diesel gets much better fuel economy than the gas version. This is from the people i have talked to that own them . :foldon::foldon:

is diesel a lot cheaper than petrol in the US? what are the comparable prices? if diesel is a lot cheaper and MPG is important, then i'd say put up with the tank-like noises and go with the diesel, especially seeing as performance is almost comparable to the petrol SUV's