Need New Ps

Hello all building a new pc

so far specs are

amd 64 3400

ati 9800 pro (will be ugrading to x800xt sometime)

1 gig corsair xms series (3200)

seagate 120 stata drive

sony dvd burner

asus k8n-e deluxe

atm i am using a 400 wat enermax and would like to upgrade to a new 500+ PS but there are so many out there that i am unsure of wich to buy. But i do know i have to spend a little to get a nice one. I am planning on putting a new ATI card in a few months and also my case has a 6 fan control and temp reader in it (thermaltake X) any sugestions on wich PS to get would be great.

here is a link to my case (But its run by geocities so bandwith is limited)

Thx in advanced

well im to understand that you really dont need that much, i have a 600w but it was cheap and i bought it due to my 300w dying.....but a nice 450watt i know gets pricy in the $100+ range so im sure a 500w will be just as expensive if not more for a nice one :)

Too bad you cant see the ps much in your case but since it's silver and all i'd suggest those ULTRA -X-connect Modular ones they come already sleeved and the looks is to date the best ;)

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/Sea...4746&CatId=1079

note that the link and price is canadian, but tiger has a US based store :)

Too bad you cant see the ps much in your case but since it's silver and all i'd suggest those ULTRA -X-connect Modular ones they come already sleeved and the looks is to date the best ;)

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/Sea...4746&CatId=1079

note that the link and price is canadian, but tiger has a US based store :)

One of these babies is a prize in our current folding contest (shameless plug).

They're about $100 at most online retailers, although I did see one go for $77 on ebay (before shipping). Try looking at ZipZoomFly.

well im to understand that you really dont need that much, i have a 600w but it was cheap and i bought it due to my 300w dying.....but a nice 450watt i know gets pricy in the $100+ range so im sure a 500w will be just as expensive if not more for a nice one :)

a more expensive better build lesser Wattage power supply is better than a very high watte power supply that is realy cheep..

BTW.. if your going to get a x800 later.. dont wast your money now on a 9800 pro... just get a 9700 pro or a 9600 or a 9200 and save the money until your get yur x800

everything listed is what i have already i plan on getting x800xt and a new PS the PS is what I need the most though and i know you have to pay to get a good one but what is a good 500 watt one? Is the Ultra-X-connect a good reliable PS: