Neverwinter Nights

Aristotle

Anyone else here having problems with NWN freezing while saving? One time, I tried to save and it froze my Linux box. After I restarted, I lost that saved game :angry:

There is no consistant point of no return reached when this occurs. All I do is save and it freezes. It is very erratic in its occurences. I've tried running it in the the console multiple times and it has displayed no errors whatsoever other than Segmentation Fault every now and then. Even the error isn't consistant.

Shut up Varry. Windows sucks :O lol

Next time it happens see if there is any noticable things listed when you run:

dmesg

If that doesn't work try tail /var/log/messages

Also, check your X log file and post any noticable things from that here

And when it crashes, what crashes? X? Just game? The entire system?

The screen freezes and I can't switch between desktops. Then I have to manually kill the xserver. At this point, no matter what I do, the computer will freeze. I can't shutdown because it freezes during shutdown. I can't run ps because it freezes after showing half the processes. I put in a new fan in my PC and the crashing doesn't happen as often. However, I have noticed that it most likely a video driver problem. When one saves the game, another screen splashes up and shows a "Now saving" bar and I think that is responsible for causing the crash. -_-

You think that's bad? I just bought Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption and thought it would run on cedega....It doesn't...I am crying as I write this.... :/

Bill Gates' LiL *censored*: You might have a point. Some games are still just not emulated or rebuilt yet for Linux. However, I have really come to hate Windows 98 and all of the maintenance it requires. It is such a waste of time :/

Could be a kernel issue, or some other factors.

Post the information from the following commands:

lspci

lsmod

cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf

cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log

uname -a

That should be enough information to get a start on the fix :/

• 2 months later...