Sign in to follow this  
asus

New Suggestion But It Is Old

You can download "Spellbound", Spellbound, a quick download, then View>Toolbars>Customize, click and drag the icon onto the Toolbar.

It's been suggested before (didn't you opose the idea in the past asus?  :huh:).

As stated before, spell checking apps used for forums are both database and web server intensive. And are rarely used even when implemented.

Several reasons why not to impliment spell checker:

1- Spell checkers can be database and app server intensive

2- Who would maintain/update the word list?

3- There are plenty of other options, such as:

3a- Dictionary.com

3b- Microsoft Word - Copy & Paste (not free)

3c- OpenOffice.org Writer - Copy & Paste (FREE)

3d- Buy a dictionary / pocket dictionary (under $5.00)

3e- Learn to spell better

3f- GNU ASpell Browser Plugin (FREE)

3g- Ask someone how to spell a word if you are unsure.

4- It would start a new reason for people to flame others.

your right.. i did.. .. im a flip flopper.. but i do see now the benefits of having a spell checker :)

i beg to differ.. you said.. learn to spell better.. OK.. come over and teach me.. :P i am spending THOUSANDS of dollars for a professional tuter.. dont you think i would spell better if i did not have a problem after 2 years??

and no.. a spell checker could just be somthing like this

http://www.spellchecker.net/pricing/hosted_spch.html

many other forums use this.. like fredmiranda.com.. but anyway.. it was a suggestion.. and shoud be considered.. and you can find PHP spell checking things at hotscripts.. i think :)

Edited by asus

It takes under a minute to copy and paste into Open Office and then check your spelling...

And we all have our disabilities, and we all get made fun of for them at times. What have I learned from it? It's something to live with. Trust me, I've cut my wrists before because of it, but then learned to shake it off. Look up the donkey story.

But why does everyone copy/paste? It takes no time at all to d/l a spellcheck for your browser.

well.. it dont make me mad.. because whoever puts down someone for spelling REALY has to many problems of there own that they just dont want to deal with.. thats what i say.. its one thing to make fun of.. its another think to ask.. niceley.. i will try my best to spell words correctally but i will not go head over heals to do so eather

OOO U miss correctly LOL! jk jk but i think know what u meant. We misspell. Maybe 1 or 2 word. But that english. If you want to, Do the reply on Word first. Spell check. then copy and paste. :D

In my opinion it doesnt matter how bad or how good you can spell as long as everyone can have a decent idea of what your trying to say. And when you find a perfect speller let me know, cause I know you'll never find one who doesnt use something to help them spell some words. And when you just yell at people they tend not to listen to you, maybe if you just asked them what they are trying to say if you dont understand. Well thats my opinion anyway.

All in all, does it really matter? I mean, even if you cant spell very well I am sure that everyone knows what you are saying anyway. But, I guess if it really bothers you then I'd go with teh idea of downloading a spellcheck plugin for your browser... or just learn to spell properly :)

god i wish i could spell better.. i got 20 and 30's MAX on tests for spelling.. only did i get a 100.. and i cheeted