Sign in to follow this  
Guest ExtremeDVDGamer

Activity lights

Guest ExtremeDVDGamer

Hello boys....question here.

1st off, what is the big blue tube? second i am not led expert, but they are probly 5.5v and are hooked into a resistor on the board, try getting a 1000ohm resister and hooking to the molex conector right off the PSU.

Guest ExtremeDVDGamer

the blue tube is just some wire cover you can get from any auto customizing shop.  I just changed the LED's to some 1.8v's that I got from radio shack and that worked fine.

cool, so you just used an led power conector off your main board to set those up, that is a great idea i must say, saved on screwing with resistors, less bright leds...but lot better wiring, will have to take a picture of the wiring itself and post it.

Guest ExtremeDVDGamer

the lan I had to sodder on (obviously), the HD I bridged onto the HD light wire thats attached to the case.  Very simple.  The power is also bridged off the case's power led cable.  simple.  hardest part was drilling the holes.   :) I think the max the MB puts out for those LED's is 2-3v.  Im using 1.8v and they are nice and bright without looking like they may pop!  No resistors necessary.

ok i'm an electronics student at itt tech dont change the led just use the formula v=current/resistance. the closer you get to the max rating of the led (which should be on the box) the brighter it should get.have fun show pics when you get it done.

i'm thinkin' that they werent very bright because you had what i refer to as "filtered" LEDs. what you want is lazer-bright LEDs. these have no color to the plastic but rather it is the gas inside that emits the colored light.

ah yes, ohm's law... very simple yet sooo satisfying. ;)