Have You Tried Firefox?

d3bruts1d

Have you tried Firefox?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Have you tried Firefox?

• Yes
    • No

tried it about a month ago. I don't use it 24/7, but i DO use it a lot. Usually if I'm consciously starting up web browsing, then i go thru firefox, but I have IE as default, so if I go thru a program, I use IE. Really the only thing i think makes firefox stand out (and better) is the tabbing...but not really that it tabs, but that i can just middle click to open it in a new tab....even if middle click worked to open up a new window, i just like it better than having to right-click and select open in new window....just quicker in firefox :)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I jusdt started using it when I came to OCC actually, and fell in love with it, way better than IE and not a single pop-up yet, i have reffered about 80 people to use it since I got it *though OCC of course* an they are nuts over it

oh yeah vote #100, do i get a prize?

Tried it about a year ago and didn't care for it. But I gave it a try again about 2-3 months ago, and now I am very impressed overall. I have put it on as the default browser on 3 of my home PC's and I use it as my default work PC browser. I have even started to slowly introduce it to a few users at work as I often do the new computer system software setups. I have found it to be faster overall than IE6 and it has great pop-up management features as well. I also like how it gives the user the option to save

login info for each site, very configurable. Letely I have also been installing it on some of the machines I do tech/consulting work on and I encourage the user to use it instead of IE6 as their main browser.

I have been using it for about 8 months now because I got sick of the endless popups for no reason on IE. I didn't want to waste time constantly scanning for adware, spyware, etc. I have had nothing but fast uninteruppted browsing with Firefox, and I don't see myself ever using IE again.

BTW DangerousFigure, yes Firefox will open all your common sites at once when you first open the browser. I also use that feature.