New Folding Contest

Nemo

Do people forget the reason we fold?

WE DON'T FOLD TO WIN PRIZES WE FOLD TO HELP OTHERS.....

And if this contest is slanted to the new folders then it will hopefully get more folders.

So fold under your name and stop being folding girlymen.

Just as everyone else knows its for a good cause, now what is wrong with someone giving a little insentive and friendly competition and something to talk about, it all to help science, I have been folding since Christmas because I want to, not to win a prize, I could care less about the prizes, if I want something I go buy it. I like the idea at least when you come to the Team forum it is not dead and no new post like I have seen before.

Edited by road-runner

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F@H really is about saving people, and maybe not everyoen understands, but there are those that curse cancer daily, and if letting a program that doesnt affect me in the least, run on my computer will help them, then so be it. Ask yourself if you could have been saved by a bunch of computer nerds and .. ok I've lost my trian of thought, but let me say that folding is defenatly about others, and if organizign things like this get people into it then it's best for all.

i hope it dose draw new folders in its a good thing your doing Red.

i have a feeling it will. i remember the contest last december that got me started. there was an absolute surge of folding. but, after the contest it died down a lot. lets just hope people don't leave as soon as the contest is over. and im not a folding girlyman! im gonna fold under this name forever, hahaha!

well this was the swift kick in the . i need to start folding (ive been debating it for a while but scared of doing it on stock cooling, but it don't get to hot), it even made me get my old 1.2 thunderbird from upstairs and get it folding. the 1.2 will be proffcient enough to be worth my time right?

Everything helps. And btw, I have 2 AMDs (1 2600+ and 1 3000+) folding 24/7 on stock cooling, my other 3 folding rigs are using Vantec Aeroflows.

:foldon:

Man, what I dont understand is why people are complaining about a contest that is geared towards increasing our f@h team, and encouraging the lower ranked members to bring in more machines. I'm all for this. I really dont care that I just passed the 10k mark before this contest was started. I'm still trying to add machines fold for me! atleast one a64 will be added. We have 6 2.4 or 2.6 xeons at school, and I've tried to put those into commision, but its almost useless to try bc of novell. :-\ Been able to get f@h running in backround, but it wont run when logged off, so theres just about no time for it to fold during the day. But hey, I tried :-P I think this contest is a great thing for flagg, nemo, and bigred to hold. They are great members of OCC for promoting our folding team to increase production! Good job on those who were involved in planning this event.

My computer too slow to win anything. It can only do 13 steps in 6 hours and I don t run my computer 24/7 eather.

Too slow! :blink: wadda' ya' mean?

Half of my F@H processing power (currently out-running Byron :P) is from 500Mhz+ retro machines!

It doesn't cost anything to give your 'free clock cycles' (whilst your using your system ;)) to this project... and in the process, you might get lucky and win something :D

You don't have to be a die-hard 24/7 folder... though being so, would improve your chances...

The winner of the last F@H contest came from nowhere 1000pts. to win (I believe) ;)

Half of my F@H processing power (currently out-running Byron tongue.gif) is from 500Mhz+ retro machines!

Good buddy, you will see the tables turning in about a week!! Were about neck and neck right now, and 1 machine ( and my moms 500mhz p3 1 wu a week) is bringing in all of my points! When I get the a64 running, you will be in the dust :-P !!!!

Yep... I'll need to get me some protective eyewear, so I can see what I'm doing with all that dust coming my way :lol:;)

Neck & neck for about 4 hrs. till the next retro dumps a BIG W.U. ;)

What ever happened to Sly_C's challenge? <_<