Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

New Folding Contest

For those of you who don't have access to the Folding Teams forums, here's a post about a new member-sponsored folding contest that run from now until midnight, December 31:

The Overclocker’s Club GAMO Contest.

GAMO = Get A Move On!

Contest Rules:

Each member that successfully attains a rank between September 30, 2004 12:00:00AM CST till December 31, 2004 12:00:00AM CST. Contest will run 100% of October, November and December. Contest to start in the first second of October and to end on the last second of December.

All current members, active or inactive, and joining members are eligible and automatically entered. Points will be rewarded based on rank attained during this time. The cut off on the last second in December 2004 is the deadline. Any points awarded in the first second of January 2005 will not be counted.

All members, active and inactive, will start with a balance of 0 (zero) tickets. Each ticket gained during this contest will be placed into a pot. Through a 100% random process a ticket will be pulled. The owner of the first ticket pulled is the winner of the first prize. The owner of the second ticket pulled is the winner of the Second place prize.

A PM will be sent to the winning member. That member MUST claim prize by the end of January or forfeit and another ticket will be pulled to determine new winner. Prize holders second, third, and fourth are not effected by an unclaimed prize.

Tickets:

Earning of a ticket is to achieve 1 (one) rank. There is no gray line, to have credit for the rank is to get the total number or more than. It does not matter if a member is 1 point away from his next rank or 200,000 points away during the start of this contest.

The ranks are as follows

500 point rank Gain 1 ticket.

1,000 point rank Gain 1 ticket.

2,000 point rank Gain 1 ticket

4,000 point rank Gain 1 ticket

7,000 point rank Gain 1 Ticket

10,000 point rank Gain 1 ticket

15,000 point rank Gain 1 ticket

20,000 point rank Gain 1 ticket

25,000 point rank Gain 1 ticket (additional 1 bonus ticket)

35,000 point rank Gain 1 ticket

50,000 point rank Gain 1 ticket

80,000 point rank Gain 1 ticket

100,000 point rank Gain 1 ticket (additional 2 bonus tickets)

250,000 point rank Gain 2 tickets

500,000 point rank Gain 2 tickets

1 million mark Gain 2 tickets (additional 3 bonus tickets)

-Members that reach or pass the 500 total point mark during this contest will receive 1 ticket.

-Members that reach or pass the 1000 total point mark during this contest will receive 1 ticket.

-Members that reach or pass the 2000 total point mark during this contest will receive 1 ticket.

-Members that reach or pass the 4000 total point mark during this contest will receive 1 ticket.

-Members that reach or pass the 7000 total point mark during this contest will receive 1 ticket.

-Members that reach or pass the 10,000 total point mark during this contest will receive 1 ticket.

-Members that reach or pass the 15,000 total point mark during this contest will receive 1 ticket.

-Members that reach or pass the 20,000 total point mark during this contest will receive 1 ticket.

-Members that reach or pass the 25,000 total point mark during this contest will receive 2 tickets. This is the first major Plato reserved for honorary members.

-Members that reach or pass the 35,000 total point mark during this contest will receive 1 ticket.

-Members that reach or pass the 50,000 total point mark during this contest will receive 1 ticket.

-Members that reach or pass the 80,000 total point mark during this contest will receive 1 ticket.

-Members that reach or pass the 100,000 total point mark during this contest will receive 3 ticket. This is the Second major Plato reserved for Elite members.

-Members that reach or pass the 250,000 total point mark during this contest will receive 2 tickets.

-Members that reach or pass the 500,000 total point mark during this contest will receive 2 tickets.

-Members that reach or pass the 1 million mark total point mark during this contest will receive 5 tickets. This is the Last major Plato reserved for Uber Ultra Elite members.

Each ticket is one random chance to win. All tickets are combined into one large pot and pulled 1 at a time. The drawing is completely random and final. Members are eligible to win more that 1 (one) prize. If a members ticket is pulled once for a prize he wins that prize. If that same member is drawn again for another prize then that member also wins the other prize for a total of two prizes.

Happy folding!

Flagg

1st Place

- *Athlon XP 2000+

- *DFI AD73 pro motherboard

- *CoolerMaster socket A cooling fan

- *2 x 256mb pc2100 ram (512mb total)

- $50 iTunes Gift Card

2nd Place

- *Duron 1.6ghz

- *Gigabyte KT133 motherboard

- *CoolerMaster socket A cooling fan

- *1 x 256mb pc133 ram (256 total)

- $30 iTunes Gift Card

3rd Place

- Ultra Connect PSU

- $20 iTunes Gift Card

4th Place

- $10 iTunes Gift Card

5th Place

- $10 iTunes Gift Card

*OEM Parts

Just some questions I'm sure you'll be asked. ;)

Midnight for what timezone?

What are the prizes?

If the 1st place winnder does not claim the prize, does the 2nd place winner get that or is a new 1st place winner drawn? If so, does this mean all prizes must be claimed before they are shipped out?

Who created the contest?

I'm a little confused... I already passed the 100k mark BEFORE the contest started... Does that mean I need to reach 250K to get a ticket? :huh:

since i can't get into the folding forums until i turn in another wu, what are the prizes?

1st prize: Athlon XP 2000+, DFI AD73 pro motherboard, cooler master socket A cooling fan, 2 x 256mb pc2100 ram (512mb total). all parts OEM

2nd prize: Duron 1.6ghz, Gigabyte KT133 motherboard, Cooler master socket A cooling fan, 1 x 256mb pc133 ram (256 total). all parts OEM.

3rd prize is the PSU, ultra connect.

We may have more prizes thanks to the geneosity of other members.

The first two prizes are courtesy of bigred.

Midnight for what timezone?
Midnight CST as stated in the contest rules above.

Who created the contest?

This contest brought to you thanks to bigred, flag7771234 and many others for their input

is that an  ultra-x-connect?

Yes it is.

hey i just started foldin how do i know how many points i have?

Welcome to the team Sylo.

You can check your stats on the Stanford site or on the Extreme Overclocking site.

We are working on gathering information to start posting your progress in the current contest. Stay tuned.

you know it would probably be best to just start over. it would allow you to get more tickets. i mean if im lucky i will get 2 but if i started over i might get 4-5. however i think this would be cheating and a lack of integrity so i won't do it. i just thought of it so i decided to post it.

you know it would probably be best to just start over. it would allow you to get more tickets. i mean if im lucky i will get 2 but if i started over i might get 4-5. however i think this would be cheating and a lack of integrity so i won't do it. i just thought of it so i decided to post it.

Definitely not in the spirit of the contest. <_<