Sign in to follow this  
Flagg7771234

The Race Is A-foot!

Can sumbody explain to me a SMS package and when yall finsih can i get it for a Lab here at achool I'm getting permission for to install folding?

I've found a way to get [email protected] on my school comps, but its not worth it because they spend about an hour a day on, and they are reasonably slow computers. So being that they are logged off windows, and novell is on there, it restricts my ability to run backround processes. :-\ I have permission to do it, but I cant do much without admin access. Anyways, I should double my production with this a64 that is on the way!

Brushes the dust off of a couple a7pros and durons to try and hold ya'll off . Gotta learn linux and go diskless on these 2 uhh 3. :foldon::foldon:

Can sumbody explain to me a SMS package and when yall finsih can i get it for a Lab here at achool I'm getting permission for to install folding?

Microsoft SMS stands for Systems Management Server. SMS is actually very robust and is overkill for a home network or small LAN. Basically you have an SMS server and all the workstations have an SMS client installed. Then say you have a program, update, policy, registry setting, almost anything that you want to install on each pc in the network. You just go to your SMS server and create an SMS package, and then configure it. By that I mean you can tell it how to install, what to install, and many other settings. Then you can push down whatever it is (FAH client for example) to all the clients at the same time. You can define whether the program is advertised to the user or just pushed down without their knowledge. I use it at work for almost everything, it's a great product.If you ever worked on a Novell network, SMS is kinda like the Microsoft equivilent to Novell ZENworks. I am working on a folding package to install on the whole LAN (about 350-400 nodes) But we will see what happens.

Well I should see a huge change here shortly.

Set your computer to power on automatically in case of power failure (return to last state in the BIOS), set up folding as a service.

That's how I do it because I am gone Sunday through Friday every week.

Well I was actually joking, sorry, but Neo that is awesome if you are not joking. I was hoping to get Flag to say something. Darn it, and he hasn't even responded. :) Oh well, I can dream. If Neo does get this on 350 machines, he will be the leader very shortly!

OK - I just pulled my secret weapon out of the closet where it has been sitting un-opened and unused since the middle of August. He he he- time to put something inside this beast!

OK - I just pulled my secret weapon out of the closet where it has been sitting un-opened and unused since the middle of August. He he he- time to put something inside this beast!

Uh-Oh What are you gonna put in that thing?

We're talking 58 lbs of steel here folks. Gonna start with this: