Hard Drive Set-up

mediafrk

I'm currently working with a Western Digital SE 7200rpm 8 Mg cache 80G HD and recently found the same HD on sale for $40.

Question: Am I better off purchasing this to set-up a IDE RAID-0 or, for a little more money, purchase a higher performance S-ATA HD. I am using my PC as a HTPC and freq game and tweek(OC).

HTPC

AMD 3500+ 939 with stock fan

ASUS A8V ver 2.0

Gainward 6800 GT

OCZ EL Platinum Revision 2; 2*512

Ahanix D.VINE 4

Enermax 470W Noisetaker PS

WD SE 80G

Sorry about the attachment! It's gone!

Edited by mediafrk

HTPC

AMD 3500+ 939 with stock fan

ASUS A8V ver 2.0

Gainward 6800 GT

OCZ EL Platinum Revision 2; 2*512

Ahanix D.VINE 4

Enermax 470W Noisetaker PS

WD SE 80G

Why disnt u just tell us that instead of putting it in a word documnet? Anyway, I woudl say the faster SATA Harddrives would be better because the raid setup if im thinking correctly dosent give as much of a speed boost. And you could still use the IDE drive to store your less used data, like pictures of family reunions etc. But if you have the ability for a raid setup already and want to go through setting it all up IDE raid 0 i guess woudl be faster than what u have and like u said, cheaper.

And you could still use the IDE drive to store your less used data, like pictures of family reunions etc.

Am I the only one that finds that extremely funny? :lol:

IMO I would try switch to SATA, but thats only because I have grown fond of SATA because of the cables, ease of setup etc.

Am I the only one that finds that extremely funny? :lol:

IMO I would try switch to SATA, but thats only because I have grown fond of SATA because of the cables, ease of setup etc.

no ur not alone lol