W00t!

Jezza

\o/

YAY finally after around six months *maybe more* I've finally got hardware 3d working in my Mandrake 10.0

Thinking about installing UT2004 now, since I'm bored of TuxRacer already

Take a look... All I could get before was 340 fps...

Nicely done! Pretty sure you should be scoring more than that still though. I seem to remember my Geforce2 Ti getting ~2000 maybe even ~3000 with the first, VERY evil, beta nVidia graphics drivers for mr FreeBSD. Could just be me imagining things though :)

Install some game and see if it's comparable to Windows speeds I guess.

I only get 1500-2000 o.0

UT runs great though..

Was it just that Module, Jezza?

Well... I read the other post about graphics, and someone mentioned the custom kernel, so once I recompiled my kernel, all was well :lol:

@markiemrboo I was getting 3200/3400 before, but I was doing other stuff at the time I took the photos... I'll try get UT2004 going in there tomorrow...

Hahahaha!! I didn't have to worry about 3D acceleration not working since I have an nVidia card :P Congrats on getting your ATi card up and running! That's a pretty difficult thing to do, especially in Mandrake :D

Tux Racer? Lol, that's a game of the past. It's time to step up to NetHack: Falcon's Eye. You can play that game a hundred times and get a different adventure each time. Where else can you be seduced by a succubus and then die from over exhaustion? If you want more Linux games, I suggest visiting http://happypenguin.org They have lots of links to various Linux games (I am currently in the process of getting a CrossFire server up and running. I will post the IP and ports when it is up and ready if anyone is interested).