Prime 95

Fanatic

I run it for 5 or 10 minutes, max heat if i'm twiddling the multiplier, blend if i've twiddled the FSB (test RAM). If it doesn't poo up, raise more until it does. Try more voltage etc etc.

Once i've found an overclock that doesn't poo up after 5 minutes i'll leave it overnight. It's worth leaving overnight too, i've had one that ran for only about.. 5 hours.

I'm at 231MHz FSB but like a 9x multiplier 1.4v right now (need a new PSU) that's been folding for 2 weeks without error now... so i'd say my FSB is stable atleast :)

Ok been messing about with my FSB settings to see what esle i can squeeze out of this CPU, currently 105MHz FSB 20x multiplier, so i changed it to 115MHz FSB 20x multiplier which would have given me 2.3GHZ, but PC just rebooted itself a few times, CPU temp was fine tho was a stable 42, so i adjusted the FSB to 110 x20 multiplier giving me 2.22ghz, running Prime 95 again to make sure its stable. when rebooting my PC i notice on the 1st screen of boot up it says my VCORE is 1.69v but Sisoftware says its 1.75v, ok my point is lol if the PC reboots shud i try altering the VCORE voltage ? and what way do i adjust it down or up ?

Yeah, i'd give it a try with more voltage. Don't go crazy with the voltage though!!! The 'safe limit' for an Athlon XP, which has a stock 1.65v, is 1.85v. Something like 10% more? I'd say don't go over 1.9v if stock is 1.7v, but only providing your temps stay lowish (under 55C?).

More voltage... = adjust it upwards obviously :)

I don't think BIOS and Software voltage readings are always all that accurate. What's it set to in BIOS? 1.7v? Is that it's stock setting?

ok just checked my VCORE voltage, its changed again its now 1.71 it was 1.69 last time i looked, in another setting it says VCORE Voltage DEFAULT, so im thinking that its automatically adjusting itself ? and yeah my CPU temp is fine still early 40`s with the CPU @ 100% with Prime95...