Problems With Case And Cpu Temps

lastmanbak

I have an xp2600+ OC'd to 2.3 GHz. I just installed a new fan on my heatsink. The heatsink is the TT Silent Boost and I put a TT smartfan II on the heatsink because it pushes more CFM. My idle temps are about 28 case and 49 CPU with load temps of about 32 case and 56 CPU. I have three intake fans and 2 outtake fans. Intakes on front and side and outtakes on back. Even with this new fan (running at various speeds) I haven't been able to lower the temps. Two questions: Where do you guys reccomend I mount the thermal sensor from the TT smartfan? And is my CPU temp limited most by my case temps? Thanks for any help.

Those seem kind of high...I built a similar system (2.33 ghz 1.675vcore 2600+ mobile and Silent Boost) and with the stock fan on the silent boost he never gets over 46C on the cpu, with a 30C case temp.

The heatsink doesn't feel hot at all. I noticed this recently, too. I am kinda worried the heatsink isn't getting good heat transfer. I have as5 on the hs, so i wouldn't know why. My BIOS is updated to the newest version I have been able to find, F11. I didn't really pay attention with the stock heatsink because i wasn't modifying any of my hardware back then.