My 9800 Just Died :(

Well, i was sitting surfing the net and all of a sudden my monitor turned off and my box turned off. I was like "What the hell?" I couldnt see any burnt chips or anything nor did i smell any burning. I think it was the duct i installed last week, i think it was blocking the air from getting to my card. I tried my dads 5900 and it worked, then i tried my 9800 in his comp and the monitor wouldn't come on. Same thing that happened on mine.

So i guess my card is screwed. Im temporarily using my old Voodoo 5500, im not too bothered at the minute since i dont play many games anyway. Just gotta wait for my student loan to come now so i can get an X800 XT and a "17" LCD :D

BTW< as i said i couldn't see any burning on the card, would it be completely dead or could it be something simple? :blink:

Edited by HomerJaySimpson

I dotn think lgihting it slighty would leave scorch marks? why not just light up those sinks and plug it off? if it doesnt,.. why not light it.. and grab a knife and pry it off? if its already dead.. so what if you do more damage :P