Avg Sucks!

General912

A little hostile arn't we General....."The first step is not getting infected at all." (reference to a movie where they are talking about more than jsut computer virii..ie. STD's)......but honestly..what Troj. is it having trouble with.?

norton does delete everything but the problem lies not with norton but with windows - it cannot delete any file that is "currently in use" - so the best way to remove ALL files is to do virus scans in safemode - that way if there is a file that is infected that is normally used, safemode will not load that file and will allow you to repair or delete any messed up files and replace the ones that are important

HOWEVER...there are certain virii that infect the bootsector on the HDD and in that case loading in safemode will solve nothing...but MindDrive is correct about the rest of the statement..but i am assuming that most everyone already knows that. One program that has never failed me..(and will find virii that are in the bootsector) is called Hijackthis.....a simple program that can pretty much delete anything and is very effective. Just be careful what you delete if you dont know what you are doing...Peace Out!

P.S....Hijackthis is not a virii scanner.....so it wont protect you....but is can get rid of the nasties...like the About.Black hijacker...(dang you about.black hijacker and all your evil doings!!!!!!)

Edited by Xavirious_

lol, yeah HiJack This is a really nice program to remove browser hijacks. I recently discovered Kaspersky antivirus, and I love it, it updates itself like 3 times a day. Finds so much stuff that other virus scanners miss, and asks you if you want to just delete file most often without quarantineing it first.

So your complaining about some trojans that you can't get rid of with a virus scan, even when there's a good chance that they're actually adware/spyware files that the scan dosn't specialize in? :huh:

And now, you're acting like you're uber 1337 when you deleted a couple of files you found in the log...

What makes you say they're probably adware/spyware stuff?

Yes, he was complaining about how AVG couldn't get rid of some viri, I do believe he was asking for an alternative free virus scanner. Nothing wrong with that is there? :P