My Little Bros New Comp

spectrascope

hey building my 8yr old little brother a comp just wanted some opions on these specs for the price

total ~200usd

Amd 2400+ sempron 333fsb

512mb pc3200 as 2x256mb sticks

ga700vt-l mobo

9700pro 128mb agp 8x

hybrid zalman 92mm ciricular cooler

500w psu

Ok, a 500w PSU is WAAAAY more than what you need for that. Also, 256 should do it for your brother. And, a 9700 Pro? Dude, what the hell is this kid doing on the computer? If he's using it for things like surfing the web, talking to friends, or drawing, then you're spending waaay too much. And you may as well save yourself some money and buy a

1700+ and OC it to 2500+.

Ok, a 500w PSU is WAAAAY more than what you need for that. Also, 256 should do it for your brother. And, a 9700 Pro? Dude, what the hell is this kid doing on the computer? If he's using it for things like surfing the web, talking to friends, or drawing, then you're spending waaay too much. And you may as well save yourself some money and buy a

1700+ and OC it to 2500+.

8 yr olds play games too :P

is that $200 USD right????

2000+ will do it

Get a MOBO w/ Built in everything.... that will work find for him

350watts sounds good on the PSU

512 ram is fine, but dont bother with dual channel, go single if its cheaper

You dont need aftermarket HSF if your not gonna oc it (i doubt youe 8yr old bro will)

If your in cali

FRY's has awesome mb/cpu combos... friday was a 3.2ghz p4/ with mb for 200

200usd is right, do too ebay don't worry only new sealed parts here my little is an even more massive gamer than me that why the extra power the case is already modded black gold and red with uv internal and it went down to 9600pro it was cheaper were talking about an 8yr old who likes linux and can hack :) so while the psu may seem overkill it is to power the 5-6 system fans as for the after market cooler I plan to oc the machine for him not far no agp pci lock on this board

Edited by spectrascope

LOL ya leave it to a kid under 12 years old to get their hands on technology and it becomes a 2nd language and for some their first language - but the latter of the 2 are WIERD kids LOL dont piss em off and if ya do - dont let them know you have a computer or online connection heheh