Merging Partions

sykocus

I have Partion Magic 7 and I'm trying to merge two NTFS partion in Win2k. when i click the merge button and try to proceede it says "There are no partions on this drive that can be merged." I think that is has to do with the cluster size being different on each partion. PM says the first one is using 512 bytes (1 sector per cluster) the other one is 4 k bytes (8 sectors per cluster). Any ideas. Anyone know how to change the cluster size.

there wasn't an option to set the sector size when i formated it in PM (I had tried to unformat and reformat the 2nd partion). can someone tell me what peramiters to use in dos...i'm trying to match the first partion, 512 bytes...

Don't know anything about PM7... havent attempted to use PM in years. Don't like it.

To find out what all you can do with the format command from the command line, type "format /?" without the quotes.

Are you running and compression on either drive? Also, with 2K and XP you have the ability through diskmanagement to do some stuff with the drives, including mounting the drive as a folder on another drive (easiest way to say it)....

i'll look into it..

this is a computer at work and we have about 20-30 users that log on to about 3 computers between them, and this computer is running out of room on the c: to store all their roming profiles. computers aren't my job i just happen to be somewhat good with them so now i have to keep them working.