Case Questions...

Hi there. I look through the case gllery and notice some BTX case. BTX is the one with the mobo upside down rite? Sorry if i got it wrong. The case im talking about is Lian- li or something where hdd are in the bottom and and the MOBO is upside down... I look at that case. See the rite idea. Heatsink in bottom and other stuff that doesnt need cooling on the top. The weird thing is why is there a plate from the 120mm fan to the heatsink? sorry if i didnt descirbe it rite...

Sorry if i put this in the wrong section. =]

Sorry. Ahrd to explain. Im still a kid =] need more vocab. =p ok ok PC-v1000 lian li.... and heres the thing im talking about... So the red is like block air. ( of course i know you can mod it but if you're not a modder) the fron circle is the 120mm fan. very big and blwoing on the hdd. the second circle is the frame. As you can see the movement of air is blocked.. therefore no air if going through. Its blocked. last but not least. Correct me if i mwrong. If you have a dual dan PSU theres no hole for the second fan.

The point is is this case really worth it?

actually your looking at the way the air flows all wrong, sorry i dont feel like drawing something right now, if nobody does tonight i will tomarrow, but the front fan which you did with the second circle. is deigned to hit that little peice of downward metal. and go downward on to the hardrives and then there is a open mesh on the bottom of the case were that air that just went through the hardrives exits. Now that giant 120 in the back sucks air out, it pulls the air from the front of the case were there are tons of holes. and therefore it transfers over your motherboard and processor and then finally exiting through that fan in the back. it is a very well and proven design and yes its worth it.

if you like the way it looks. <-- not trying to start anything.

Edited by virus

I dunno about better airflow as such, just airflow to the right places, ie, direct to the CPU. Frankly I dont care about BTX, waste of money if you ask me. It most likely will be more of a hassle I think because nothing will fit properly anymore. Oh well.

If you look at the pictures on Newegg, they might help.

The front fan only cools the hard drives. There is a plate blocking it from the rest of the case, it just blows in, goes across the drives and goes out the holes in the bottom. The power supply goes in the same way it goes in a normal case. If you have two fans, it will be sucking air up from below and sending it out back. The fan in the back will be sucking air through the holes in the front of the case.

And just to confirm, yes, its just an upside down ATX board.