Is The First Amendment Dying?

Kamikaze_Badger

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

"I don't think witchcraft is a religion. I would hope the military officials would take a second look at the decision they made."

http://www.petitiononline.com/DukePSM/petition.html

http://www.petitiononline.com/nomaddox/petition.html

http://thebestpageintheuniverse.net/mam/main.htm

Is the First Amendment dying out? I mean, these days, people are arguing that religion should be put back in schools, and school prayer should be brought back, that websites should be shut down because they, to some, represent racism and facism? There are people that don't want others to allow religious groups to gather on their land because they don't agree with their beliefs. And, there are people in the government that fully want support of their religions in the military(yes, I'm referring to the Bush quote), but not ones that they don't agree with. And, while you can freely wear a Crucifix or other Christ-based religious article to school, Fates forbid that you should wear something such as a pentacle/pentagram to school.

The Constitution was written to make America a free country. One that would allow people to freely express their opinions to a practical extent. But now...

Do you think that the Constitution is starting to die?

Bush can say all he wants. The Supreme Court can turn overturn the way Bush enforces the law. If it is Wicca is banned, the case would be in the Supreme Court faster than you could blink. The Executive branch does not have all the authority.

I don't believe the Constitution is dying, it is alive and kicking.

Is it wrong for a president to have his own thoughts about religion? He was making a statement thats all... nothing more, nothing less... Is our right to free speech being taken away now instead?

Well.. yes it is wrong because the constitution says separation of church and state, and he goes and blurts this out.. The guy needs to think before he speaks.. me being non religious would reject prayers in school totally.. i would never pray.. I think Mr. bush has to accept the fact that science can actually prove things.. Not some myth

Well.. yes it is wrong because the constitution says separation of church and state, and he goes and blurts this out.. The guy needs to think before he speaks.. me being non religious would reject prayers in school  totally.. i would never pray.. I think Mr. bush has to accept the fact that science can actually prove things.. Not some myth

And what about JFK?? He was a diehard catholic too and nobody cared about his thoughts...

EDIT: Asus ..it means govt Action agisnt or for a religion..if what u say is the case no president could go to church while in office

taht too^