Sign in to follow this  
Rick_fourdumbkids

D: Is Acting Funny

i installed borland c++ builder and it's done this to my hard drive (see attatched file) every time i click it, it loads up the borland auto play how do i stop this?

thanks for help in advance

What options are there on the right click menu? Have you looked in that drives properties to see if theres anything you can change? Thats very strange indeed.

Kinda looks like it was installed on to the root of D:

Is there an autorun.inf file on the root of D:, delete that file and that should keep it from loading borland when you double click on it.

Also you can try uninstalling borland to see if that makes a difference

Your telling me that you deleted an INF file located in your mother f*cking root, without backing it up, even though it was called "autorun"...

Well, first off, you win the god danged dumbass award. And, a little something, NEVER delete ANY WINDOWS files without first CHECKING them to see if they contain anything you need. Well, you're gonna have to replace that. Check the root in C: to see if you can find an autorun.inf file. Modify it to suit your needs. Put it in D:.

Yes, I'm in a bad mood.

So did you try to uninstall Borland? If so did it solve the problem? Either that or you may need to delete the registry entries manually to get it out of the registry then you can go ahead and delete the files.

Please don't format and start all over, there is a way to fix this, just fight with it a while, check borlands site for any type of manual removal instructions too.