Cpu Oc Nooby

ir_cow

alright i need need help ocing my cpu, iv only worked with ram and video cards cpus are complety new to me soooo if anyone would be so kind and maybe help me would be so nice.

p.s i think i posted a cpuz picture bois oc options but i duno..we'll see.

Edited by hornybluecow

well man it wud kinda help if we knew wat u were asking i mean it all basically has to do wit ratio of power to increase and heat to colling so like if u wanna increase ur cpu u need to increase ur VCORE but the way to increase 90% of all procesors is with the FSB(front side bus) bcuz most of them come wit the multipliers locked........see nowadays u get a cpus procesing power uk that number that intel flashing around 3.2ghz they take the fsb and multiply it(ha mulplier i get it funny) to come up wit the total speed so if u can get the multiplier up then nice peachy increase it fractional uk by like .5 evry time n increase the voltage n hey wen it gets to where its the most stable then ur off to go. This doesnt happen most of the time(idk i got a fx51 wit no multi lock)so ur gonna need to increase ur fsb. But increasin ur fsb has one catch.........it increase the whole mobo bus which means evrything down to ur southbridge is cranking it faster which can lead to instability if u dont have a nice overclovker freindly board n the rest of ur parts. yea so basically if u cant find the stuff im talkin about like VCORE shud b in affecting the cpu n the same for the fsb if not hit me back n ill c if i can help u find it. gimme a lsit of the options u get n it shud b kewl

RULE OF THUMB DO NOT GO OVER 1.675 VOLTS WITHOUT PROPER COOLING!!!!

hey man thanks a million but 1 more Q what is my votage controler? as you can see the picture of the bois shows

CPU Votage Control

VDDQ Votage control

VCC12_HT Votage controler

DDR Votage controller

now whats what? i know DDr one that for if your ram needs higher votage, thats easy. but a little help on the others might be good :)

btw CPU temp os 37'C

Video card (e-geforce 6800gt) is at 55'c

and system temp is 38'c

any recondations for amouts of extra vots needed for a stable cpu?

Edited by hornybluecow

It shud b the one right above where its says vCORE(Cpu voltage control)try setting it to manaul. That shud let u change the VCORE

every cpu is different so its basically trial n error sry :unsure: but u cant figure that if ur running a stock fan that not to put the power or cpu speed higher then lik idk mayb 50% if u can thats awesome but i never cud wit a stock fan

Edited by Blackfire932

maybe i should just pick the Top-Proformence option in the bois, it only boosted me to 2.1ghz so i guess its a start.

but then i'll go for the vcore does anyone esle have a AMD3000+ oCEd? it would be nice to know what i can get out of this cpu

Edited by hornybluecow

Ok I have a AMD Athlon 64 3000+. The first ones not the new better overclockable ones that you might have but heres my specs. I have ASUS K8V Deluxe with 1 GB ram pc3200. One stick has heatsink cooling the other doesn't yet. You want to get heatsink coolers for your ram. You don't know how much it helps. You also want to have good ram. Not just number wise but good company not some cheap simpletech. Something like kingston, crucial, samsung, corsair and you know them. I have overclocked it to 2.4 Ghz. I changed ram settings as ddr2700(333) then up the fsb to 240 mhz. Uped V Core to 1.7 I think or around there. Also remove you stock thermal paste and put some artic silver 5 with a better heatsink fan. Use one that gives good airflow. I got the thermaltake venus 12. And if you can lock you pci and agp to stock. Unfortunalty I can't so its harder for me. Try this and have fun. Let use know what happens.

it seems that if i up the cpu overlock from 200 to 215 it = 2150mhz from 2000mhz

nice but does anyone know if thats a good idea or should i just up the volts b/c my ram went up 15 also meaning it was rated for 400 and now its at 430 eeehh i duno...

Edited by hornybluecow