Kingwin Awc-1 V. Asetek Kt03-l20 Waterchill

ClayMeow

Kingwin AWC-1

http://www.pctoyland.com/prod_642.htm

Asetek KT03-L20 WaterChill

http://store.yahoo.com/sidewindercomputers...twacpucok1.html

The Kingwin's cheaper and comes with a vga block plus a cool drivebay design with external lcd, while the asetek is a basic entry level kit. I'm guessing the Asetek is designed better since it costs more, but can't always go by price <_>

System it would be going in:

A64 3500+ (939)

MSI Neo2 Platinum

2x512 PC3200

BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC

2x36.7GB WD 10k Raptor Drives (Raid-0)

So either give me an overall answer as to which is better, or do it part by part...in other words, which would cool my cpu better? is the vga block on the kingwin good enough for my VC (better than the stock?)? etc etc. The Kingwin also lists a "second radiator"....not exactly sure what that means.

Thanks for the help guys :)

EDIT: those aren't necessarily the places I'll buy it from, but just wanted to provide you links to check 'em out.

Edited by ClayMeow

well... those kits arent going to keep ur 64 bit cool, actually it will prolly be worse then ur air cooling right now, if you are going to get a kit, its best to get the "best" one, it might be a little cooler then stock, so that waterchill isnt pwerful enough for ur system, i would recommend the KT18-A-L30, which has a block for the s939, and i would nesseccarly(sp?) use the GPU cooler, it will only increase ur water temp, which will increase ur CPU temp, well i guess its up to u

I really dont recommend kits. I bought a koolance EXOS kit. And although it performs well, it does its job and keeps my CPU cool, it was $200.

I bought it about a year and a half ago when I first started to OC and thought well, water is water, a kit would do just fine.

The truth is, for $200, you can buy the seperate parts, just like a computer, and put together a really nice cooling system for your money.

The point is, if $200 can buy you a really good water cooling system, then Im sure you can use that $100 you plan on using to buy the kit you were looking at, and building your own that will perform better.

I bought the kit because at the time, I thought it was worth the money for a practiclly no-risk solution to water-cooling, it was very easy to install without fear of clamping things the wrong way.

I pretty much agree with the other guys. With what you're trying to cool, both kits will have a pretty hard time. Your CPU is pretty warm running and your video card is one of the hottest running. And if you're looking to OC even a little, go with a build your own DIY cooling system. At Danger Den you can pick out what you want to make a custom kit that will work very well, but I would read as many reviews as you can and all the how too's you can find to see what's all out there. You'll end up much happier with what you got for your hard earned cash.