Lord Of Beer Is Kicking Some A55!

Flagg7771234

I wouldn't worry about it too much LoB.  I'm content making my way to 13th overall on the team and letting others beat me

Lets look into the future here.... It looks like a highly contested race here. I see we are almost 3 months behind the power cows too. The team needs to rally!

:foldon::foldon::foldon:

Team anand... wow... bawlzy, STUPID, but bawlzy!

I'm up for that, but they match our production. 3000 days to beat them. What we need is to double our production to do this.

Can this be done... I will be increasing mine a bit here soon.

You know if we can press the 300 to 650 ranks to average just 30 pts a day we could easly do this!

your right... the cows will fall quickly if we can do this.

But that battle is at hand NOW

Grudge match!!! I like it. I'm in.

I have the makings for 5 more folding rigs, but I want to set them up as a diskless farm and I need help figuring out the final piece using Linux. I need about 2-3 volunteers to work as a team to help me wrap this up. If anyone wants to help, PM me.

If we can figure this out, we can publish a way for OCC members to create a diskless farm for under $250/node.

yeah I could use that too :) got me 8 A64 3000+ machines with no drives that would go well here at the store.. I know they're bare bones kits that should go to builds, but they're not selling well. I want this line to get better than a 45 degree angle... I want it better than this :)

PS lordofbeer is no longer safe from me!

Edited by bigred

That's not a stupid question at all - glad you asked.

A diskless farm is where you have one or more minimal computers consisting of a motherboard, CPU, RAM and PSU set up to receive the operating system over the network at boot time. The idea is to build a system as cheaply as possible so you eliminate the OS, hard drive and even the case.

When the system boots, it sends a request over the network where a server sends back the necessary components of the OS to allow it to perform a specific function - in this case it's folding. Any disk I/O is handled by the server- everything else is resident in the RAM of the diskless computer.