Latest With The 3000+

Eva_Unit_0

Just thought I'd post most latest results with my early C0 stepping 3000+. Man, this K8N Neo Platinum is a freakin BEAST. And this PDP pc3200 rocks as well. 2500mhz seems pretty good for a C0 newcastle (wish I had a CG, lol). I've had it at 2600mhz, but it is nowhere near stable. I've also tried dropping the multi, but the highest I can get the htt so far is about 270...above that I can't post. Right now I'm running with a 3x htt multi, and a 1.7V vcore. Any thoughts or comments?

Edit: Lol, you sure can tell my chip is an early one...cpu-z still reports it as a clawhammer, even though it's obviously a newcastle.

Edited by Eva_Unit_0

Yeah, stock speed is 2000mhz. Seems pretty stable...I should be able to get it completely stabalized in a bit. Only thing is that it gets pretty toasty...I'm cooling it on air with a Venus 12 at full speed. Hitting almost 60C at full load. I think some water cooling may be in my future.

your board maxes out at only 1.55vcore? is that a cheapo board or something?........ I have gotten 2664mhz fully stable so far on stock cooling with my steup. I would definatly suggest some better cooling for your 2500mhz OC because 60C even at full load is not good.

One thing that I have noticed about these AMD A64 chips is that they do not respond well to voltage increases, and the amount gained vs. vcore adjustment is very little.

Case in Point: My FX-53 will do 2.6GHz on 1.55v, but it needs 1.7v to get to 2.66 and that's tops on water. My 3400+ would do 2.7GHz on water with the stock vcore, but wouldn't budge higher with a 1.75v vcore. Underneath the PS system, the 3400+ does 3GHz on the stock voltage.

Nice OC Eva...keep it coming.

hey Nuc do ya think I am lofting my goals to high to want to get at least 2.8 or 2.9 with my 3400+ on stock cooling. I got my 2500+ to 2.7ghz on stock cooling, but these A64's dont' seem to OC as well as those 2500+ bartons.

Yeah, I know what you mean Nuclear...more voltage helps a little, but not nearly as much as I'd like. I think it boils to to cooling more than voltage. Looks like I'll be going water soon, as soon as I get some cash. I want to see how far I can really push this C0. God, I can't imagine using the stock cooler at these speeds...even the venus 12 has a hard time at load. (my idle temps are still about 35C, which I like)

Edit: Does anyone else's K8N undervolt like mine does? My bios is set to 1.7V, but I actually get like 1.61-1.63 or so. At stock (1.5V) I actually get about 1.45. Anyone else have that happen?

Edited by Eva_Unit_0