400mhz Fsb To 533fsb On P4

shenghsu

Hi, do people know how to fool a P4 motherboard ie 845 chipset into running a P4 at 400MHZ into a P4 running at 533MHZ FSB? I believe there are pins that may need to be masquerated to allow the motherboard to think it is a 533MHZ FSB CPU

Can somebody help?

do you mean overclocking m8? pushing a p4 that normally runs at 400 up to 533 is quite difficult to do without some extreme cooling. my old 2.2 p4 could only hit 2.5ghz. trying to hit 2.9 (533fsb) caused it not to post. as far as i no there is no way of 'fooling' a motherboard into thinking it has a different processor in than actually is as its coded into the chip. ie you can't make a p4 borthwood appear as a prescott.

on the old P2/P3 slot 1, by blocking pin 100 (can't remember), it would make the P2 into a 100MHZ rather than a 66MHZ. the motherboard must take directions from the CPU initially and then if it has the BIOS tweaking for FSB, then it will change the clock. My P4 motherboard (ECS) does not give me this option. If the motherboard supports 400/533MHZ, then the CPU pins must be controlling this setting. I may be wrong. Let me know....