Memory Review

Ok folks, the all time question on RAM.....this thread is not meant to be a flame war, instead, a thread to give a review on RAM you have, good / bad?

Idea is, Im buying PC 3200 RAM, but I dont know the best timings for the best price, and im not only looking at as much as I can, but also looking for reviews from wonderful OCC.

Like I said, I am planning on PC 3200, so if thats what you have, put down your brand, model, timings and price (if your comfortable with that, wouldnt matter because im sure i will look it up anyways)

also give a small review, you like it compared to your older stuff, even though it was prolly slower. Good, bad points, system stabilities....how is OCing them if you have?

Thanks for all the goodies you provide ahead of time :)

If you are short on cash I recommend this RAM:

Patriot (PDP) 2x512mb pc3200 - they are said to be able to run 2-2-2-5 and have great overclockability. Several different review sites all say the same thing. So take a look.

However if you are not short on cash, I think this is either the best or one of the best options around for pc3200.

Crucial Ballistix pc3200 - easily run 2-2-2-5 timings and have some insane overclockability. Every review out there seems to love this stuff as well as many people from OCC. So, if you've got the money pick up a couple of these and try them out, I don't think you will be displeased.

They can be seen here.

I hope this helps some. But don't forget mushkin, corsair, and kingston make some great pc3200 ram but I seem to like these two better. The PDP for price/performance ration, and the Ballistix cuz it just seems awesome =)!

Patriot (PDP) 2x512mb pc3200 - they are said to be able to run 2-2-2-5 and have great overclockability. Several different review sites all say the same thing. So take a look.

actually, technically they're 2-3-2-5, but most have reported being able to do 2-2-2-5. Anyways, I ordered them from outpost.com (only $167.20 with 2day shipping) and will be getting them tomorrow. Was supposed to get it today, but I wasn't home, so my mom called them and told them to come after 6:30PM tomorrow. heh. yay. Of course i can't do anything until the rest of my system arrives thursday, but i'll definitely let everyone know how it goes.

yeah im still looking at the differences between 2-2-2-5 and 2-3-2-5....im not familiar with how timings work, reading up on it now though :)

and Ive read great things and heard great things about ballistix, but for the price of one, I can get two of that other ram, and im sure the other Co's arnt far behind in pricings.

Thanks guys :)

Heres some OCZ pc3200 with 2-3-2-5 timmings and its one gig 2X512.

OCZ

Ive heard alot of good things about OCZ I dont own any from them yet, but are going to be purchasing some very soon. But alot of people say they are great at overclocking, and as you can see there not to expensive if you dont have alot of money.

I have two 512MB sticks of the Crucial Ballistix pc3200, and while I am quite happy with the performance at 2-2-2-5, I can say that I've already had one stick go bad so quality is up in the air. Before I bought the stuff, I read a post by another member who had 2 sticks go bad in 2 weeks, but I figured it's a fluke. I've always bought Crucial RAM and never had any problems with it. Anyway, I really can't wait to get that stick back in my computer as DOOM3 runs choppy as hell without it. I just posted up my computer pics and I think there's a pretty good shot of the Ballistix installed.

http://www.overclockersclub.com/gallery/?act=case&id=704

UPDATE: Got my new stick on Friday and I'm back on top! I was playing the end boss of DOOM3 on Ultra at 1024X768 and 8X anti-aliasing without a hiccup. BEAUTIFUL!!

Edited by overclocknewb