I Have A Bfg 6800gt And Still Doom 3's Fps Is 23.7

Feandil

I just got a BFG 6800GT....

I have a AMD 64 3500+ on a Neo2 MSI mobo

OCZ performance RAM 2 sticks of 512 (1 GB)

And still Doom 3 at 1024 x 768 with anti-alaysing on 4x ..... antistrophic on 16x... and vertical sync and digital vibrance on..... it is skipping....

AS MUCH AS MY 9800XT DID!!!

It's absurd.... HOW CAN I FIX THIS???

This shouldn't be happening.... I did the demo in the game I got 23.7 FPS....

that's absurd

It should be like 40 FPS

What do I need to do to get it that high.... with out OCing it yet... .that's where it should be STOCK.... and this is already slightly OCed.... :(

HELP!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Run the demo twice and see if it fixes it. The first time it is run the demo is being written into memory and it will be extremely choppy causing your score to be low. Running it a second time should help. If that doesnt help I recommend reinstalling video drivers and use driver cleaner 3, and make sure that you motherboard drivers are up to date as well.

stop freaking out and make sure everything is running properly... make sure all the drivers are up to date you have an updated windows...make sure your powersupply can handle everything...and make sure your voltages are set correctly

ok.... sorry, :D

My drivers are all up to date... I did the driver cleaner 3 and everything and it's still only 24.6 FPS....

MY PSU is fine power wise 500 watt.... I don't know what my voltages should be.... on a MSI nforce neo2 platinum mobo....

and all

I'm not sure what to do

I'll check for updates for my 6800GT... but I don't know if there's any past 4.2

16x aniso? Yikes.. Consider turning that down a bit?

Anyhoo. Check your memory timings, Sandra score for CPU and Memory and see if you can figure out where your bottleneck is. It can be as simple as "memory timings set too low, motherboard compensating".

yeah, its all speculation without actually touching your system, I know....

Defrag, Defrag, Defrag, just defrag your hard driver. thats probly on of your problems next check your processes and make sure its less then 25, AMD chips cant handle high amount of things at once. and if you did install Kazaa or somthing like that, that ALWAYS slows your . down.

I just reinstalled every driver... mobo then cleaned the display driver.... then reinstalled it.... all newest drivers....

and upgraded bios

But I still am getting 4600+ marks in 3D mark 03 :( :(

I'll get back to you on my processor timings and such... I'll run the sandra tests again....

I don't have more than 25 processes running right now.... Warez isn't on

I'll defrag then do sandra.... if that doesn't work the only other option I see is reformatting again.... which I don't want to do... but I will if I have to.....

I'll just save everything I can on DVD and reinstall windows.... :(