Refresh Rates On Monitors

Capslock118

So i Have a 17inch monitor running at 1280x1024 resolution, and the supported refresh rate on my monitor for it is 60hrz, I could go to a lower resolution to get 75 or 80hrz. But my question here is, would I ruin my monitor if I stayed at teh 1280x1024 resolution and forcing it to go to 75hrz???

thanks guys

thanks guys haha..

next summer im going to get an LCD screen and solve this whole problem, but until then i was hoping. I dont usually notice the flicker of the 60Hrz anyways unless i concentrate on it so i guess it doesnt matter

You can always tell if the refresh rate is too low if you avert your eyes slightly from the monitor and can notice flickering. If you can notice that, staring at the monitor probably isn't too good for your eyes (not that staring at any monitor is good for your eyes anyway).

yeah i never stare, i always wander my eyes to the tv, window, or something on the desk, and i do notice the flickering when im not looking right at the screen.....but if im not looking right at the screen, then there isnt something important on there at the moment haha