A7n8x Vs. A7n8x-x

all i can see is that the a7n8x has 1x AGP PRO/8X and the X doesnt ..what is agp pro and do i really need to spend an extra 10 bucks for it?

o just saw that the X doesnt support dual channel ... still want to know if AGP pro is worth it though

and as for dual channel...you can use any type of ram as long as it the same two sticks right?

you dont have to buy "dual channel" ram right?

AGP pro is pretty useless...a few of the fire gl cards and some older 3dlabs cards used it, but it's pretty much a dead standard. And yes, any two similar sticks can run dual channel...the dual-channel kits are simply two consecutive sticks off the line. But any two similar sticks will work.

If the motherboard is dual-channel compatible (which the A7N8X is), it is beneficial to purchase 2x256 modules or 2x512mb modules. "Dual-channel" means that two memory modules of the same speed (and manufacturer preferrably) are used together for (theoritically) better performance.

Dual-channel doesn't really boost performance at all (maybe a tiny bit) for socket a chips, however. This is because the socket a chips can only address 3.2 gb/s of memory bandwidth at 200fsb, and single channel memory provides exactly the same (3.2 gb/s) of bandwidth at 200fsb. Running dual channel just puts that extra bandwidth to waste...the original idea was that the nforce2's integrated video could use the other untouched 3.2gb/s, and thus it wouldn't encroach on the cpu's bandwidth...but nforce2 igp never really hit it big. Of course dual channel is always better, but if the price difference is fairly large then don't bother spending a lot more to get the dual channel.

Yes it's worth it, for the soundstorm too. Hated my -X personally....

tjhe specs say it has the realtek sound....not the soundstorm...i though this one did....should I just go with a nf7-s for the sound?

hey my FIC is awesome! :) never had a prob with it....oc'ed my junk to 2.3 .. i bit warm but stable :)

plus im replacing an ECS mobo that just for now reason crapped out....no beeps or post or anything...just fans spin....blah

one more thing...whats good about the dfi board anyway? i see it has sata raid but I dont need all that ...