Minimal Os To Do Folding On.

Flagg7771234

Hay nemo let me know if you want to work together on this. I'm an old dos guy... and I have setup alot of network boot stations (boot off the eprom on the nic) 10 or 12 years back.

Not sure it these 300mhz + machines will do much, but I would like to get the cooking.

Well, this is as far as I have gone with it. I just don't seem to have time to work on it. All that's left is to get the Linux piece built.

Hay nemo let me know if you want to work together on this. I'm an old dos guy... and I have setup alot of network boot stations (boot off the eprom on the nic) 10 or 12 years back.

Not sure it these 300mhz + machines will do much, but I would like to get the cooking.

I :wub: DOS too, but it isn't listed in the supported O/S's @ stanford ;) having said that I have actually run F@H on win95B

The Stanford F@H site D/L section states...

What are the different types of clients? The Consoles run in the background and are launched from a terminal, to which they output text messages about the simulation's progress. The Graphical client runs in the background and has a graphics window available that allows you to see the protein being simulated. The screensaver runs just like any other screensaver, except that it also runs our calculationin the background.

So I really don't believe a DOS environment will run the clients... however, I would be pleasantly suprised if you do achieve it :)