Forced To Drop Out

Kamikaze_Badger

Well, my brother has told my mom how to check to see if [email protected] is running(she's on the admin account, so folding on my account wouldn't help), so I'm forced to drop off the team untill I can get that Tandy folding... pray that I don't get any Tinkers on it.

do this

Click Start

Click Run

Enter gpedit.msc in the Open box and click OK

In the Group Policy settings window

Select User Configuration

Select Administrative Templates

Select System

Select Ctrl+Alt+Delete options

Select Remove Task Manager

Double-click the Remove Task Manager option

That way they will have to use an external program to see cpu usage or processes, or just be a genoius :-P

do this

Click Start

Click Run

Enter gpedit.msc in the Open box and click OK

In the Group Policy settings window

Select User Configuration

Select Administrative Templates

Select System

Select Ctrl+Alt+Delete options

Select Remove Task Manager

Double-click the Remove Task Manager option

That way they will have to use an external program to see cpu usage or processes, or just be a genoius :-P

gpedit.msc wont open in my comp... i just tried it for crap and giggles

why does ya mom not want it running ? seems really odd to me. you have explained what it is i assume and the fact that you will see almost no performance loss. you bro sounds a bit of a Twa* i am sorry to say. it really anoys me when people think they are cool for telling on there bro its stupid, i bet he told her it was a bad thing, o well if you cant persuade her which shouldnt be to hard if you mention the fact that you are looking a cure for different types of diseases including cancer...

anyway thats got rid of some stress for today LOL

I've tried explaining it to her, of course, my older brother is the one she listens to, and he told me not to run [email protected] on the computer(yet, he had it running for almost a year for team 11314(Team EOCF, which is a bunch of dummies)). I've tried explaining to her that [email protected] has helped to save peoples lives, and that it studies protein folding. Of course, she just ignores me and says that she dosn't want it running on her computer. Just like she kept on ignoring me and telling me it was illegal to download music, even though my older brother does it all the time, and she even asks him to get movies off the net for him.

I can't wait to get my own computer. Fsck the crappy 1700+ we're running on, it's so full of junk it takes 5 minutes just to load the admin account.

EDIT: She tells me she dosn't want it running on the computer, because she claims that it affects it badly... yet...

Now, tell me, who's got more processes going? And this is after ending all the . that somehow manages to startup with my account as well(even though it's not even in the registry...).

You need to write some sort of kernel module to hide the folding process then run it as a windows nt service somehow :) If you can even hide a process like that, i'm sure you can somehow... it'd be a fun exercise too.

EDIT: http://www.rootkit.com/newsread.php?newsid=188 that's something that might have worked for you, if the website actually WORKED :) I'm assuming you need the data.inc and common.inc things anyway.... hum