Car Audio Question

CNUco2007

I'm not sure if i have the right forum area but here is my problem. I have two 12" MTX Thunder 6000's hooked up i parallel to a Kicker DX350 single channel amp. Not too long ago, both subs were running fine. Recently i noticed a drop in the bass so i checked out my subs and my left sub isnt running. I checked the resistance on the setup and it is at 4ohms which means the system only seees one sub. I figured it was a loose wire or something. I tightened all the connections, and even took the speaker out of the box, and tightened/taped all connections inside the box as well (both to the speaker terminals and the box's terminals). Newayz, things were running ok once again. A couple hours later, however, i was driving down the road and i cranked up my subs like usual when there was another drop in the bass and once again the left sub isnt running. From what I can tell, it isnt blown, unless something inside of it is messed up. Tommorrow i'm gonna take it out of the box again and recheck the connections but i taped them so they should be fine.What i need to do is solder them to make sure there is an awsome connection but i really think it should befine. In any case, does anybody have any suggestions? Do you think it is blown? It doesnt look or feel blown. It started working again one time. (hopefully it will start working a second time too). I just dont feel like putting out the money to replace it but at the same time, one sub just isnt the same as two and im used to haveing too. lol If anyone has any suggestions or whatever, lemme know. thx...

actually i did try running just the left sub. there was no sound at all. i know the amp is fine cuz the right sub runs like normal so its still outputing the usual power. its something wrong w/ the speaker itsself or its connections. i guess i'll just play with it tomorrow. maybe i should invest in a soldering iron cuz the one i used to use died. it was prolly older than me, cuz it was my dad's lol. Wish me luck! :D

Well i figured it out. I'm sorry to say that the little wire that connects the terminal to the cone has sheered off at the cone. Not much i can do about it now. I'm currently looking for a new subwoofer. If I can't replace it with the same one, i'll have to replace both cuz it would look wierd w/ two diff subs. Newayz, if anyone is looking to see an MTX Thunder6000 series 500Watt sub (the gray one, not the silver one), lemme know.

Back when I used to run two subs in the same configuration you are running in, I often would rip the wire coming from the cone to the terminals on the sub basket off of the basket part of the connection. I resoldered them so many times as well. Too bad it came off the cone end of it for ya. Hopefully if you have warranty on it you can get it covered.

I boght it used so no warranty. I get it really cheap to so thats good. i'll prolly just try and find another one on ebay or something. It was kinda old. I've had it for a year and a half or so, and god only knows how long the guy befor me had it.