More Xp-90 Thread

Freeder

I'm looking into all the possiblities of this Thermalright XP-90 and fans. I know that it uses a 92mm fan to cool itself, but i dont see any bolts to attach it to.

Other than that, I wanted to put a Tornado (119 cfm/55 db) on it but that sucker is supposedly putting out ~55db of headache-inducing noise--i dont think i can stand that and was wondering where i can get a fan controller for it.

In comparison, a Panaflo 92mm Fan (57 cfm/35 db) has the most tolerable db level but the cfm is almost half of that of the Tornado: should that matter in cooling the XP-90 off? Or is 57 cfm enough? Would lowering the Tornado to 35 db--or to a more tolerable level--produce better cfms than the Panaflo?

Third option I was considering was using this Zalman fan bracket and putting 120mm on it over the XP-90. I know i'll have clearance since the heatsink is just 63mm high.

Kind of lengthy huh? But i really appreciate your input and know-hows about this. Thanks guys.

dont' worry about getting that panaflo, ihave that same fan. it works great! i have TT fan controller so my comp at idle is extremely quiet. the fan is great. anyway, don't do a 120mm fan adapter and then a 120mm fan....it doesn't work too well because those types of fans have deadspots and you'll just be wasting your money