Budget Card

alright havent been in the forums lately but im going to order my vidcard and maybe my processor today and i was choosing between the sapphire radeon 9800 PRO and the MSI

radeon pro i herd its running at XT speed or something

Sapphire

MSI

and i think that is the right MSI board

so which one should i buy?

I have the MSI and I have had problems with it since I got it. I've only had it working properly for a little while and it crapped out on me again. Idk if its because they used a floppy connector instead of a molex connector but I think Nerm has the exact same card and has no problem at all so I have no clue whats with mine. You may get the MSI and it will probaly work perfect for you im just telling you my experience with it.

wow.. a budget card.. i remember when the 9800pro came out, and the 9700 pro was a budget card.. wow.. lol.. things change so FAST.. dont GO.. DONT.. GO.. MSI.. i dont like there video cards.. my geforce 4 was a msi and it had nothin but problems

The sapphires being sold now use the XT core (r360). In fact almost EVERY new 9800 pro bought now is going to have an r360 core.

I bought a sapphire 9800pro almost 5 months ago and it had an r360 core.

I had an MSI 6800GT, it was quite good. Just get wich ever card is cheaper, or flip a coin.

Edited by oralpain

it isn't that they would NEED a VGA Silencer, but rather, a better cooling solution. There are a lot of them out there, not just the Silencer. However, good product. I've actually heard a lot of good things about the MSI card, especially there cooling solution as opposed to Sapphire's.