P4 Mobo

Ok guys. I've got a P4 1.7 GHz processor sitting in my closet. Thing is, it's williamette core...

Will a standard socket 478 motherboard with 875p chipset work with this???or...do i have to find something specific?

what do you guys think?

I never seen going that low. =] well heres the link on the site. uhhh

http://indigo.intel.com/compare_cpu/showch...3099&familyID=1

Cuz it says on the bottom 423...

And if you want to compare some other processor go to this one.. http://indigo.intel.com/compare_cpu/default.aspx?familyID=1 Hope it helps!

I agree. Never seen a Socket 478 go that low...

Edited by littleaznkid

its a soket 478 they made both but somtimes the cooler bracket would be for a 423 but have a 478 socket i had a 1.6 s478 williamette and there arnt many 875 mobos that will support the williamette any more you will have to goto the site of the board you want and check the cpu compatibility list

Edited by confuzzedintelguy

its a soket 478 they made both but somtimes the cooler bracket would be for a 423 but have a 478 socket i had a 1.6 s478 willimate and there arnt many 875 mobos that will support the willimate any more you will have to goto the site of the board you want and check the cpu compatibility list

How do you know what he has :huh:

The 1.7 Willamette was available as both Socket 423 and 478

478's went as low as 1.6ghz... I know this cuz I'm LOOKING AT ONE right now :(

and the comment about the newer boards taking the willamette chips is true. the asus and dfi i875 boards will NOT, later revs of the intel will not either. sorry to break it to ya.