Will Be Shutting Down All Machines Sone

road-runner

more than likely it won't stick. you were legally prescribed the meds by a doctor (who can be brought in to court to prove it too). the only thing they might be able to get to stick is if the meds specifically state you shouldn't be driving. If in fact the meds say you should be drivng... then you have a problem.

at any rate, I wish ya luck, though I hope you don't need any luck.

Just throwing this out - but did they pat you down in order to find those meds? If they feel it, I believe (in most states) that they are only allowed to ask you what it is. You do not have to show them, and they are unable to use it as evidence. If they cop pulled it out without your consent, I'd look into that. However, if you told him they were your meds when he asked what the object was, and then allowed him to get them out, well that option is void.

more than likely it won't stick. you were legally prescribed the meds by a doctor (who can be brought in to court to prove it too). the only thing they might be able to get to stick is if the meds specifically state you shouldn't be driving. If in fact the meds say you should be drivng... then you have a problem.

at any rate, I wish ya luck, though I hope you don't need any luck.

No all it says on the bottles is may cause drowsiness, (do not mix with alcohol which was not the case I have not drank in about 5 years) and use caution when operating machinery or driving, I have had to shut down all of my folding machines but 1 the one I am on, I think I have a couple of friends still running it for me but my points are going to drop rapidly, I am going to need all the cash I can get on this and those $400.00 + a month light bills are expensive, I was fortunate enough my parents have a little money and put up the 13,000.00 bond to get me out or I may be dead, the meds I am taking and have been for so long you can not just stop abrumptly, they have to be tapered off and the jail does not allow controlled meds or narcotics, all you can get there is ibuprofen and I could not even get that, I was about to start detoxing when I got out and could have had sezures etc. and there are people that die in that jail from that reason the public just never hears about, I know of some and my sister knows of 3 that have died in there, I have to get tapered down because I am sure I will do some time, I am currently on felony probation in the same county for felon with possesion of fire arm and had 1 year left out of 3, before that was 3 years from the last DWI in 99 thats when I quit drinking. Thanks for the support and suggestions from everyone here @ OCC. I kind of figured there may be some attorneys on here that would have an idea of what I am facing even though I have got a call in for mine that got me off the possesiond of firearm with just 3 more years probation a fine, a little community service and 3 weekends in jail. I only had 3 months from finishing the first 3 years when I got that case

actually i went through some simular things (still am) not with duis or dwi's.... but it gave me 2 felonys and i tried everythign to get around it... in all matter the police did violate my civil rights and i got them rapremended... but it didnt do nothing but waste my time...

I know a few cops personally and i have just asked them and they said that if the person is underarrest ( in cuffs rights read and all) then they have every right to search and seize... if not then you are right about the the not be allowed to remove thigns from your pockets. When i got arrested i had many things on my person that was illegal... but they couldnt use it against me since they illegaly arrested me and serached me. i was a minor and they questioned me with out the pressence of a gaurdian and or attourny. But matter being what happened with you, is a crock of ****. and with the things i have seen you should get off..

But when i was in drug abuse/dui classes some of the guys there did earch them selves a nice class 2 felony after their 3rd dui arrest. but this is also Illinois, im not sure what texas law is..

my susgestion is jsut try not to fight it... tell the truth because you are right... and if you get locked up for at most and HONAST mistake, then it shows how messed up parts of the government are. so just dont fight the cops in court, and keep the story straight, and by all means you should get off.

good luck and power to ya.

oh by the way. im sure the difference isnt much... but i spent only 1 year 6 mounths locked up for 2 class 2 felonys in illinois, but im paying in probation... so you might not get it that hard..

Good luck man.

Man seems like I have been paying probation all my life and still am, I have been on paper or in some kind of trouble or the wrong place at the wrong time since about 1982, the dps said turn and look at that truck over there when he was doing these test on me and slaped the cuffs on me read me my right and told me what I was under arrest for searched me and put me in his car and off to jail, I think I have one of the best attourneys here his wife was caught up in some pay offs for case dismissing etc. she was assisistant DA I saw this on the news, and he has 4 private detectives working full time, usually money works if you have enough you can make things disappear, I do not think I will have that kind of money but seems to be a little black maleing going on is what it seems to me, these detectives are watching judges if hes telling the truth, I know the part about his wife is true, not sure about the rest but why would he say it if its not true, this little town well its getting bigger has always seemed to be about money kept you out of to much trouble but its growing so fast its like its connected to Houston its harder to get things done any more, it has to be the right court, right judge etc and pay off works, theres another little bity village speed trap down the road I think there up to 8 cops now that is fixing to be investigated by internal affairs so a friend of mine tells me they just got him 10 miles over the speed limit, and yea I got a ticket from them aholes also the courthouse was a metal building, I had to pay a big fine and take defensive driving If I ever get off paper here I am moving as far away as I can you can believe that!Not sure which direction but any where else has to be better

another angle you may want to persue in your case: profiling.

yes you have made mistakes in your life... anyone who says the haven't is lying. you've cleaned up. you're trying to better yourself. they check ya over, don't see anything wrong till they get your record back. now from a cop's point of view you have this easy target infront of you. he's been in trouble before, he's got to be doing something illegal right? so you find some minor detail, something they'd leave the average person alone for and then book you on it. that tactic is ILLEGAL even more so than anything you might have done.