have/will you install windows XP service pack2  

98 members have voted

1. 1. have/will you install windows XP service pack2

• I have
    • I will
    • i won't
    • i don't need it
    • It's way too buggy

SP2 installed here. No probs what so ever, except for when I first instolled it. I had to change a few settings back, but its awesome now.

I had it installed for a week to check it out but I ended up rolling back my comp to before I installed it. All it did is add MS's bloatware junk and slow down my computer a bit. Granted my machine isn't cutting edge technology, I don't need their junk.. but since when has microsoft been the place to turn to for security? :unsure:

had it for two weeks and its been running fine.

if i have already downloaded it by automatic update, how do i delete the file off my computer. it is taking up hd space and i just don't feel like installing it right now.

They send me a cd to install it..so far ok.Just added security..that all. But the security center wont intergrate with my freeware clamav....its recommended me to buy licensed copy of norton or mcaffee hahahahhahahahhahahaha

Works fine for me on my

AMD Athlon 1ghz, Epox Board, Asus Ti4200

P4 2.4c, A$us board, Asus 9600xt (vivo card) (well, as well as this stupid mobo will let it run)

I can't lol but wouldn't bc it's way too buggy (dont ask why i cant...)

word has it that sp2 installation will work for "illegitimate" copies of winxp (unlike SP1)

Ive has SP2 for aboot 3 weeks now, ive encountered no problems. The security alerts are annoying at times, but other than that i have had no probs. Im running a P4, i dont know if that has anything to do with it... heard that AMD users are having probs.

Ive has SP2 for aboot 3 weeks now, ive encountered no problems. The security alerts are annoying at times, but other than that i have had no probs. Im running a P4, i dont know if that has anything to do with it... heard that AMD users are having probs.

Turn off the security alerts if they bug you then. Easy solution.

my dad wants me to put SP2 on the main computer. it doesn't affect me, cause i'm still using win98 first edition.