have/will you install windows XP service pack2  

98 members have voted

1. 1. have/will you install windows XP service pack2

• I have
    • I will
    • i won't
    • i don't need it
    • It's way too buggy

DO you have a amd64 processor? Don t you have to have all updates on windows to keep windows up to date?

No, I have a P4. The SP2 that I downloaded has everything I need on it to be up to date. Additionally, I don't use automatic updates anyway; I just go to Windows Update and get something if I need it.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a problem here. It's estimated that 1 in 10 systems that install the Service Pack will encounter incompatability. If you haven't installed it yet and you system is working fine as is....just wait 'til it's safe.

[includes firewall and antivirus... :lol: . Yeah like I'm gonna trust that....I'll still use my own]...

[includes firewall and antivirus...

I have yet to see the Antivirus included? :blink:

Or what it does rather is lets you know if your system is at risk by not having any other third party antivirus programs installed. Problem is, it doesn't properly recognize even Norton when its installed.

I don't suppose anyone else has stuck their windows CD since having sp2? If you go to install windows you get a message to this effect.

Its no big deal, as you can still install by booting from the CD I just thought it was a bit strange/annoying that you couldn't bypass the warning.

Does this happen with sp1 as well?.. I certainly can't remember it happening :blink:

• 1 month later...