Can Anyone Help Me Plz!

Ok all,

I am currently working on the Knight Rider mod and I had a question.

I have created a mock up of the front grill of K.I.T.T. out of foam.. It is layered 1" at a time, and glued together with standard elmers glue.

Now I have read several resources that state you need to seal your styrofoam before you start using your solvent on it, but they never say what you are supposed to use.

I was looking for anything that I could spray on the foam to seal it or harden it..

I am going to fiberglass over it so it will ned to uphold to that.

Any links or info would be greatly appriciated..

Thanks

Edited by Xperi-mental_101

there is something specifically designed to be sprayed on styrafoam and make it extremely hard

its like stikitak or something

its used in construction for like signs or fake pillars

I know exactally what you are talking about, bu I also lack the name of the product. Funny thing is that everytime I go into a auto body shop and ask about some styrofoam hardening spray they all say the same thing.

"I know what your talking about buddy, but I don't know where you get soem around here... Try walmart."

Here are some links to the styrofoam mock up. It has made progress since these pics, and I will try to get new ones taken and up this week.

mvc-011f.jpg - Top View

mvc-009f.jpg - Top Angled

mvc-010f.jpg - Front Bottom

Thats the best I can do right now. Like I said, I will get the new pics taken and posted this week.

Ya,

Ima try Hobby Lobby tonight. Hope they know, cuz that is the only Big hobby store we got around here. :(

and I hate to order somethign so mundane online. <_<

I have finished it and went ahead and covered it with ducktape for now. It was really fragile, and I din't want to break it. I will probably use an epoxy over the top of it.

Oh well, tnite is D-day.. doing the fiberglass work when I get off tongith if all goes well.