Sign in to follow this  
mernoob

Help

well

i got a thermaltake volcano 12 hs so its not stock....

but umm

what all shoudl i change in my bios that will make me do better nad not kill my cpu in a short time? i plan to get a new one but not for a few more mounths

can i set the settings to like 1 step higher then optimal???? and be safe about it? and what will it do? say i set them on expert?

Didn't answer your question about the CPU read change. If the FSB was higher per your MoBo when you reset the cmos it set everything to default, which would be lower and make the XP---+ read different. I would sugget however that before you do anything you read the overclocking faq to help understanding. It's scary to change settings just willy nilly, but I am no expert or even close. Reading the Faq did help me though.

Well the thermaltake isn't for your northbridge it's for your cpu. ;) As for overclocking, as long as your temps are ok go ahead and raise your fsb by about 3 until your pc wont boot anymore and then move it down from there until it will boot. Then you'll need to do some sort of burn in test such as sandra or prime95. Check out the faq, I've never read it all the way through but beginners seem to find it rather useful.

ohh you mean north bridge heatsink :-p

no im on my way to getting a nice little fan :-D

ok well thanks guys thanks alot :_D

Edited by mernoob