Sign in to follow this  
mernoob

Help

Yeah just to be safe unplug the power, although I never do. But yes I looked at a pic of your board and that is the right jumper that you explained. The layout on your board is a little different than I'm used to seeing.

is this the little buggeR?

i however dont understand how it will reset with power off... but ill do it but how will this work?

jsut to get it straigh

turn everythign off unplug psu and pull blue thing off and put it on the adjasent pins and then remove it and plkace it back in place then start up?? and what if this dont work

Edited by mernoob

The other option would be to just take the battery out for a minute and put it back in. But thats not the proper way to reset CMOS.

Yes that's the correct jumper and like Fanatic stated you can also remove the battery which is a little bit more of a pain but easier to find. If that doesn't work then you have a more serious problem.

!!!! didnt work unless i didnt keep it there logn enough i had it for abotu 30 seconds... but i started back up and i still got black screen..

i didnt fry my cpu did i?>

Hrm try removing the battery for a little while. What you just did definately should have worked but it's worth a try. It's possible that you killed it but I would be suprised because that's not a very high OC. You did apply thermal paste correct? Unlike P4's, Xp's don't have heat protection.

Unplug the power, take the cmos battery out and let it sit for a few minutes....put the battery back in and fire it up....should work unless the board is fried...I doubt your cpu is fried....Worst case...you have to rma it...I rma'd my infinity...just a hassle is all!!!!

im sitting here right now with the battery in my hand, or is this a motherboad problem?

I LOVE YOU GUYS

it worked YAY atleast i got bios to start i guess.... no beeps from sys spk

but basically.... i jut started up and im sitting here on the bios screen !!!!

says

CMOS checksum erroe - Defaults loaded.....

it read my cpu at AMD Athlon XP 2400+

memory testing OK

and i jsut hit f1 and its goign and saying

backup CMOS.... OK!

1 thing i notice that is wrong is my cpu ID has changed... WHY

Edited by mernoob

Could be a mobo problem....You may wanna try disconnecting the power to the mobo...pull the atx connector out and let it sit for a bit...then try it again...

could but i want to check my temps real fast... my northbridsge seemed a little hot

edIT temps are fine i guess i was jsut over paranoid

Edited by mernoob

I assume since you checked your temps you got it running??????

Edit....forget it I failed to read your edit...lol....glad it is running.....reboot and set to optimal setting and then reboot....you will have to go back and set the bios up again...and don't worry about the beep....my infinity has never beeped!!!!!!

Cool glad we could help. Your northbridge normally will feel fairly hot with the stock heatsink. If poke around in your bios you should find your temps.