Sign in to follow this  
mernoob

Help

i was messign around in my bios and i was changing the "cpu clock setting" i raised it to i think 158 from like 133.... i did it 2 times 1st time i went to 140 and it worked fine and then the second time i got craped on.... now when i go to start up my computer...

the case turns on lights and all so this indicateds to me the mb is fine...

but i get nothing but a black screen..... period after tryign to restaert several times....

what did i do and what can i do to get it back to normal??????????????????????????????????????

Whip out your user manual and find the cmos jumper. Just simply clear the cmos by doing this: |-|| <those are the three prongs the dash represents the the jumper which is covering the two prongs on the left. You want to move it from one side to the other like this ||-| and then move it back to the starting possition and boot your pc back up.

Try also pressing "insert" and "delete" keys when you start your computer (well those are the ones for mine anyway; quick reset the bios to fail-safe defaults :) )

Edited my first post that should help you understand a little better. Typically it's going to be at the bottom right hand corner next to the control panel pins.

i have a thing that says Clear CMOS (IPI) or (JPI) i cant tell if its a j or an i ... but its near the upper PCI slot rgith under my agp slot...

is this what im lookign for????

i got a DFI NFII ultra infinity

the battery is to the right of the bottom 3 PCI slots.... in the middel of the board like 2 or 3 inchs from the bottom and liek 2 or 3 inches above that is a clear CMOS thing with a cover a blue cover athat covers 2 pins and 1 pin is left free

do you have AIM or MSN>?

Take the jumper and pull it off the pins and place one side on the pin that is not being used and the other on the closet pin in the 3 pin series. That clears the cmos. after you have done that replace it on the original pins it was on. then start your computer.