Mah Sister's Computer: Blueprint

spathalogic

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uhh dude. Change that mobo. I know ur trying to save money but. Try to get XMS cost little more. but with heatspeader =] and i dont know get an Abit Nf7 series board or something. Other than that. o yea PS get Antec.. Thats it. All good!

BTW XMS is a little faster than value

Im really begining to think ppl DONT read the posts lol be really teh setup looks prety good, u seem to have a future in mind for it so i dont think we can decide what someone else needs only offer advices as to somethign like...if it was a bad case bc of bad air flow. But yeah HDDs are gettign cheaper and a 40 will last for a littel while, me i use 80GB drives bc for the ammount i have to spend at a time they give best bang for the buck.

Read the first post, people. If it won't be used for overclocking, all those parts are fine. We are kind of conditioned to automatically recommend only high performance mobos, ram, etc. But for a non-OC'ed system Crucial ram is really a pretty good option.

I don't know about that Shuttle mobo, though. There are plenty of brands that you might look at that would be more reliable. I've heard some bad things about the Shuttles.

No, I did see the first post. THe 2600 mobile is just as good if not better than the 2500 barton, and my other recommendations were good for non-oc'd systems as well. Just because the parts CAN be oc'd doesn't mean they HAVE to be. Simply having better parts provides for a more stable system overall.

It's kinda like saying go to McDonalds for a burger because it's cheap, but there might be a local burger stand that makes a better burger for the same price. Get the better one, you'll be happier in the end.

Yes, but he wants to keep the price down, and the high performance ram, etc are more expensive. I'm not saying its bad that we all immediately think overclocking. It is Overclockers Club, after all. Its just that he said the system wouldn't be OC'ed, so really any ram will be fine, in which case he might as well keep the price down.

Well, the difference between on PDP and Kingston value is about $6, so I'd go with the better RAM personally. It will provide a better, faster system at equal price. I'm not saying that he's going to need the better RAM for oc, but if you can get it at the same price, why wouldn't you?

and hell, if you want to save some money, i might even sell mine for a discounted price so I can get the PDP memory.