The Planned Rig

swifty11212

heres so far wut i got planned out for my dads imaging rig. and it will b used for some games. and i got a spare case also. and this is a ZZM dang kick as$ prices i seen so far.

Edited by swifty11212

lol im look @ the prices for a soc 939 and thats just way too much for my dad, but thats way too cheap for my rig i wanna get. and wuts this imaging, i nvr used sata nor raid ever, my cousin had raid, he didnt know how to use it lol.

Edited by swifty11212

Imaging is rendering and stuff like that, right?

RAID 0 is two HDD working as one. In this setup, HDD speed improves dramatically. When rendering things, one of the biggest bottlenecks is HDD speed. Raid 0 alleviates this.

Setting up RAID 0 is the hard part, but it's really simple to do. Once it's setup, it appears as a single HDD in Windows.

If you decide to go the Raid 0 route, there will be tons of people here ready to answer any installation questions you have.

With Imagine extra RAM is always nice to have...

And are you sure you want that Sound Card? For normal music sorta thing, onboard is just as good. Only time a sound card is nice is when Gaming (Hardware Acceleration and EAX)...Might wanna save yourself the $90?

nah doom 3 will love it, i have the audigy mp3+ and man my sound works much better, wc3 expac likes it too :) infact i got alot of games supportin eax, so it will b worth my $90. now when i have the setup fully done, ill annoy the **** outa my dad till he buys it lol, hmmm as for the video card, might get a 9800 aiw hmmm maybe if doom 3 will run nice with a 9600 aiw then i wont need a 9800 aiw, besides i heard that the 9600 runs cooloer than the 9000 series.

Is he messing with DV or analog video if it is DV drop the all in wonder and just get a 9600 it will save you some bread or even better the 256 mb 9600 about the same price as the all in wonder. All you need with DV is firewire and the mobos got that.