Simple C++ Question

snipermav

Okay, so I'm taking an elementary C++ class. Too bad my prof blazes through the material and my lab prof just plain sucks. I have to write a program that takes 2 integers, and displays the sum, difference, product, quotient (truncated and floating), and the squares for each integer. So I've got it all worked out, except that I can't figure out how to get the floating quotient to work. So how do I mix variable declarations, like say that I want to change int inum1 to a float? I tried float fnum1, then fnum1=inum1, but it didn't work. Sorry this is so vague.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

.... I was just then about to ask if you could copy paste the program :lol: oops, ok well...they're only warnings, so the program should have actually compiled and run anyway. I think it's just telling you that you've declared a variable and you don't appear to be using it anywhere in your program.

You could always take the easy way out, define a new veriable, and divide your integer by a float. example:

int num1 = 75;

float num2 = 1.0, num3;

num3 = num1 / num2;

now, num3 is the same as num1, but as a float. I'm pretty sure this is right and i'm sure u can opotimize this code, but i'm just trying to give u the basic idea. Hope it helps :D