Sign in to follow this  
Xperi-mental_101

Ignition Switch

Hi all..

I have run into a bit of a delima. I am working on a Knight Rider case mod, and I thought that it would be cool to have an actual keyed ignition switch to start the PC.

I have read a lot about people being able to pull this off since the ignition switch acts as a momentary switch also, but they don't explain how they wired it up.

I am an electrical n00b, I can wire stuff up jsut fine as long as I have schematics or a diagram of how to do it.

I was really hoping that someone here at OCC'ers may either have experience with doing this, or have some resources they could point me to for it.

Any information would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Xperi-mental_101

Just find out which leg is the common and the momentary on and those will be the 2 legs to hook up your wiring to. Do have a certain switch in mind ?

The center pole is your hot wire going in, then you use the post labled ST or IGN(start) that is your momentary on, the rest are ground, accessory, and the run position.

Sounds cool. You should try and wire it so that the "run" position turns all your fans and lights on and then the "start" position fires up the comp. ;)

Sounds cool. You should try and wire it so that the "run" position turns all your fans and lights on and then the "start" position fires up the comp. ;)

I dont think you could do that... not easily of course..Youd need a series or VR's and youd need to wire a board and see the igni switch as a VR... and set the board so that at a certain AMP it runs and at a certain AMP it starts the rest of the PC...

i am an electrical n00b as well.. lol.. i cant do anyhting will electricity witout getting neerly killed

i am an electrical n00b as well.. lol.. i cant do anyhting will electricity witout getting neerly killed

same here, when i was wiring my basement i got shocked a couple hundred times but its all done now

The center pole is your hot wire going in, then you use the post labled ST or IGN(start) that is your momentary on, the rest are ground, accessory, and the run position.

Thanks man.. I think I am going to use an old marine ign switch.