Sign in to follow this  
gravy

Fah 5.02 Client Issue

anytime i double click the task bar icon, or right click it and choose display or full screen i get

"FAH5.00 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

if you click on the "more information" link it says

AppName: winfah.exe AppVer: 5.0.1.0 ModName: sisgl.dll

ModVer: 6.13.10.3090 Offset: 00085fbc

anyone else seen this? i have seen it on three pc's now, the first two just had to be rebooted after the install of 5.02, but this one will not straighten itself out

all three running Win XP Pro SP2, i uninstalled the v4 FaH client first, the only thing different is this pc is running on an AMD 2500+ Barton CPU, the other two are on Intel CPU's ???????

maybe it has something to do with sp2, but does v4 still work alright. i'm still using v4 on all my machines and it works great still, so i have no reason to upgrade

yeah, v4 will work for a while, but v5 should work too

i even tried uninstalling it, deleting the folder on the drive completely, and re-installing, no good

like i satted before, all three pc's are running the same exact OS and all are SP2 upgraded

I would suggest going to the Folding Community forums and posting this under the Windows Client forum. Someone there will be able to help you I'm sure.

Good Luck! and let us know what they say.

i think i may have it, been doing some reading, noticed that the .dll that was in the error log was sisgl.dll

the machine with the issue is running a SiS Xabre 400 video card, that .dll is obviously the OpenGl driver for that video card, but it is still unclear why the other two, one using Intel onboard video, the other using an nvidia card straighten themselves out after a re-boot, but this one won't, i'll keep ya'll posted, waiting on a reply from the FaH Community Forums, but i bet it is as simple as installing different OpenGL drivers..........

got a PM from Vijay Pande himself, seems there are client issues they are working on, he gave me a link to the newest client, 5.03(prerelease beta)

Cool. They're pretty responsive over at the folding community forums. Let us know if this fixes your problem.

I no I changed about half of my machines to the new 5.02 or 03 whatever it is and my average points have went from around 2200 a day down to around 1600 to 1400, I think I am going back to all ver.4s and see if increases, I have have not added or deleted any machines, everythings the same other than the folding core, and I have been running it as soon a 5 came out then upgraded to the 5.02 or whatever it is, has anyone else noticed points decline with the new core?

:foldon: